Thursday, February 9, 2012

Vormator Project



Ever since I was teaching Art for Kids and had them all making these great cityscapes, I've been wanting to do one of my own. When the assignment came up to 'make something with these shapes', I was determined to get a cityscape out of it. These were the rules: use every shape at least once, keep all of the proportions of the shapes, only make changes that can be done with Illustrator's pathfinder tool, and no gradients. I created it in grayscale first so I could focus on the composition, then went through a series of color variations, but this is the one I submitted. I was going for a poster-art feel, with strong contrast and sense of pattern. This is my first assignment in my class on Illustrator. (I've just been fighting with Pages to make my designs until now.)

My teacher borrowed this project, so if you want to learn more about the concept behind it or the shapes I had to use, take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some feedback! I want to know what you think.