Thursday, February 23, 2012

Portraits



Here are my latest completed projects in Adobe Illustrator. These are two portraits based on the same photograph.

The first portrait is done with calligraphy brushes and I got to use a stylus and tablet instead of a mouse (which was SO much easier and made the project go really fast). After getting a BA in art, I can't help feeling incredibly guilty drawing right on top of a photo template! That also made the project pretty easy, but I'm still pleased with the effect: calligraphy scribbling that all adds up to a very faithful portrait.

The second portrait was incredibly time consuming, but I'm pleased with the outcome. It is a typography portrait, meaning that it only uses letters to create the portrait. I imposed on myself the further restrictions of not rotating any of my letters on an angle (they are all mostly sitting normally, though I turned a very few by 90 degrees and some letters were reflected), and only using the letters from the word "beard". 

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. I know this is considered "fun" to you artist types!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some feedback! I want to know what you think.